Security Specialist - Freeport, TX-1701150
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Security Specialist to serve as the Deputy Site Security Representative (SSR) and Facility Security Officer (FSO) for our Freeport, TX site.
Security Specialist (1701150) Freeport, TX
Your primary responsibilities will be: developing, implementing, coordinating and maintaining security operations plans and processes (in accordance with governing regulations and policies). You will also serve as the local subject matter expert on security-related matters to the site. Your work material (e.g., investigations or crisis management) can involve high-level, sensitive matters that requires high standards of professionalism, integrity, sound judgment and discretion.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Serve as Deputy SSR and FSO in absence of Area Security Manager
- Serve as designated Information Protection Officer (IPO) responsible for implementing the Information Protection Program at the site
- Develop site security policies, procedures and post orders or instructions
- Facilitate security-related emergency response activities
- Coordinate essential security programs efforts such as workplace violence prevention, information protection, new employee orientation, logistics security, investigations, etc.
- Oversee security incident reporting, follow-up on incidents, generate and analyze reports
- Plan and coordinate security support of turnarounds and site projects
- Direct preparation for and assistance with internal and external compliance audits
- Oversee security officer training program
- Develop and deliver employee and contractor security awareness campaigns
- Coordinate with logistics planning for weighmaster operations
- Conduct preventative maintenance program for security systems
- Act as area backup providing continuity for other BASF sites
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- High school diploma required; advanced education degree preferred
- Equivalent military training, law enforcement training and/or advanced security training preferred
- Minimum 3 years of security related experience required
- Experience with MTSA regulations, HM232, Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards, or similar regulatory protocols preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of security hardware, alarm and video surveillance, access control systems, electronic security issues and safeguards and other security countermeasures preferred
- Experience managing a contracted security guard force with targeted KPIs or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and administering training and certification programs preferred
- Understanding and ability to implement information protection strategies to include awareness and training preferred
- Experience in advising on incident management plan development and maintenance processes preferred
- Knowledge of federal and local law enforcement structure and laws preferred
- Experience conducting investigations preferred
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills including the ability to deal effectively with peers and senior managers, security vendors, law enforcement, and other officials and agencies required
- Proven professional approach including high standards relating to personal integrity and credibility, as well as, sound judgment and discretion required
- Able to take general direction and guidance, formulate an achievable action plan, enlist assistance as needed and deliver results; demonstrated organization competencies
Strong written and oral communicator with the ability to work effectively and efficiently on all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email/outlook programs, SAP, and the internet
Primary Location: US-TX-Freeport
Function: SECU - Corporate Security
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety