The Senior Hardware Engineer is responsible for the research, specification, design, analysis, test, and integration of digital and analog hardware of motion control servo drive products. The candidate must have a solid foundation in digital and analog circuit design, excellent documentation and communication skills, strong analytical capabilities and solid troubleshooting ability. The position will have design responsibility in all aspects of the new product development process including concept generation, detailed design and analysis, verification testing, cross functional reviews, and manufacturing release.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Physics or related technical degree.
- 5+ years' experience in embedded control hardware design.
- FPGA design experience using Verilog or VHDL.
- Experience in the use of modeling tools, i.e. Matlab/Simulink, Hyperlynx, LTSpice, ModelSim.
- Experience in design documentation related to design concepts (product requirements, functional requirements and design documentation).
- Experience in laboratory testing and experience with test equipment including oscilloscopes, data acquisition equipment, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- EMI noise reduction techniques and best practices of EMI, ESD, and signal integrity in PCB layouts
- Proficiency and understanding of the architecture, specification and hardware design in the area of motion control systems or industrial power conversion equipment (servo and/or industrial drives).
- Experience with embedded processors associated peripherals and interconnects such as ARM processors, AXI, AHB, APB.
- Experience with digital filter design and implementation.
- Experience with analog design of signal conditioning and filter circuitry.
- Understanding of statistical methods (DfSS) and design analysis (Monte Carlo, DFMEA, etc) in a product development environment.
- Experience with agency approval requirements and design for regulatory compliance (UL, CE).
- Experience with embedded processors associated peripherals and peripheral interconnects.including dynamic memory, NAND memory devices, serial and parallel interconnect busses.
- Experience in embedded processor hardware debugging, testing and qualification techniques.
- Experience with Ethernet 802.3 standards, 100Base-TX and 1000Base-T.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.