The Principal for Development (Vice President of Development) will work closely with the Managing Principal, Development (Chief Development Officer) to manage all aspects of Health Leads’ Development operation. This includes working with the Managing Principal (CDO) and other organizational leaders to develop an annual fundraising strategy, and then overseeing the day-to-day operations required to execute that strategy to reach our roughly $50 million 3-year fundraising goal. This person will also be instrumental in helping to construct and execute on Health Leads’ next major capital campaign, which will begin in late 2017 or early 2018. Major areas of oversight will include Individual Giving, Institutional Fundraising, and Development Operations.
Ideal candidates have the desire to build and lead a top development operation, including growing and coaching others, and bring creativity to their approach of fundraising. This position is based in Boston, MA and reports to the Managing Principal, Development (CDO).
- Recruit and retain a high quality staff to work with donors, foundations and other key resource partners to achieve our annual fundraising goals ($8.5m for FY18; $14m for FY19)
- Work with functional area Directors to set goals and design strategies and metrics for both individual and institutional fundraising
- Build out a robust Individual Giving operation, including Major Gifts, Middle Donors, Annual Giving, and Alumni relations.
- Grow and strengthen the team responsible for institutional fundraising
- Increase the donor base both for major gifts and middle donors
- Establish effective systems, processes and metrics around relationship management, donor communications, and proposal production
- Work closely with the Managing Principal, CEO, President, Board, and other Executive Sponsors in cultivating, sustaining and cultivating donors
- Effectively work with the Development and organizational staff teams to support the management and refinement of key development systems for individual giving
- Bachelors degree required, 10 years of professional experience with a minimum of 5 years of successful fundraising experience with progressively greater responsibility and at least 5 years of experience managing individuals and teams
- Experience working with both high net worth individuals, as well as with major foundations
- Proven experience in managing teams, especially in a fast-paced fundraising environment
- Proven skill in developing plans for cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of donors, as well as skill in managing high-stakes relationships over time
- Ability to craft, deliver and tailor an effective story to any audience that speaks to the head (tangible, logical value) and the heart (intangible, emotional value), and values
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to recognize talent and potential, coach and inspire, provide effective feedback, and bring out the very best in a team
- Understands revenue and has a high level of comfort with basic analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities, and to do so in collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Passion for the mission of Health Leads with a strong commitment to its core values: belief in collective strength and the power of shared work; constant and courageous learning; celebration of the organization’s and each other’s victories, and stepping up as leaders in a common vision
- Experience leveraging CRM databases; Salesforce experience a plus
- This position requires travel to steward relationships
Please visit our careers website (https://healthleadsusa.org/get-involved/careers) to apply!