In accordance with generally accepted engineering principles, the Project Manager role coordinates and manages various development projects through all phases of the development lifecycle including initiation, planning, execution, release and closing. The Project Manager will manage stakeholder communications, project requirements, work breakdown, development engineering, testing and release. Project management responsibilities include scheduling and planning across multiple functional areas, coordinating internal and external development and test resources and working with resource managers and other project managers to insure proper staffing, project alignment and integration. The Project Manager will own the project responsibility for the definition and clear communication of project priorities, delivery of project expectations, and identifying and mitigating issues and risks among a cross-functional project team, all while representing the best interest of the business unit.
The Project Manager role may, at times, assist in the development of business and marketing strategies optimizing the performance of new and existing product lines to achieve business objectives. This requires the project manager to maintain an understanding of the BU's business practices (program management, portfolio plans, strategy, etc.) and provide input to program management, product management and the engineering organizations in regards to technical staff coordination, resource allocation, performance feedback and development planning.
Project teams may consists of resources in global facilities. Working with an international team may be required on some projects. Also, some travel, including both domestic and international travel, may be required in order to meet with team members and facilitate project progress.
Provide project management of internal and external product development projects with minimal direction. Responsible for planning, scheduling, cost forecasting, monitoring and control and reporting on all aspects of assigned projects.
Coordinates the requirements. Develops project implementation schedules and work breakdown structures. Manages the project costs. Identifies, manages and mitigates project risks, resulting in proactive contingency planning as required. Manages project documentation. Facilitates the development team. Is responsible for the acquisition of product resources, capital equipment and direct expense items and services. Supports the development of team members. Uses project management techniques, project management tools and established standards to ensure project deliverables are met
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in product or application development.
- 2+ years of experience in a project management or project leadership role.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Engineering or MBA.
Experience leading multiple teams, partner with management and lead indirect resources.
- Demonstrated experience in leading project development efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning, execution, risk management.
- Experience with project management processes and tools such as PMI model, scheduling software and configuration management tools.
- Experience with product certifications, such as 61508 functional safety, information security, UL, NEMA, CE, TUV, and other approval agencies, is a plus.
- Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies, such as Agile methodologies like Scrum, XP or Kanban, is a plus.
- Similar industry experience such as technical knowledge in industrial controls, new product design, hardware/software, product testing, manufacturing and/or continuation & product life-cycle engineering.
- Advanced training or certifications in PMI/PMP, Lean Six Sigma, Business Administration, Management, Operations or Project Engineering is desirable.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
Yes - Domestic
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.