Audit Officer II
We are currently seeking an Audit Officer II. The incumbent will, under limited supervision from the Assistant Director of Internal Audit complete various financial, operational, and compliance audits. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Plan audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- Function as team leader, in assignments involving multiple members of the IA team, as necessary.
- Assess compliance with regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assist in testing Sarbanes-Oxley key controls.
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicate audit progress and issues by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing clear and concise final audit reports.
- Improve protection by recommending changes in management monitoring and risk assessment, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes; identifying root causes of issues identified.
- Support external auditors by coordinating information requirements and requests for additional support in an effort to improve efficiency and reduce expenses.
- Provide control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protect organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
- The incumbent must have strong time management skills to ensure time budgets and deadlines are met.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- The incumbent must have a collaborative work style that will result in positive working relationships with colleagues.
Prior knowledge of banking regulations and functions, superior analytical skills, Microsoft Office and excellent communication (written and oral) are essential. Some knowledge of Information Systems is desirable. An appropriate professional certification is desirable, i.e., CPA, or CIA
3-5 years of relevant professional work experience in information systems auditing.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science or business related field.
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) professional required or must be obtained within two years of hire.
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts
Work Locations: Finance Center 288 Union Street Rockland 02370
Employee Status: Non-Management
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 7, 2017, 7:08:33 PM