Within assigned district/branch the Solution Architect is responsible for collaboration with Rockwell Automation sales and distributors to implement sales strategies and plans for assigned products and services to meet or exceed annual sales goals. Individual provides domain expertise for industries, applications, and technologies related to assigned products / services and provides ongoing support to sales engineers in closing orders. Is responsible for establishing and maintaining engineering relationships at key accounts. Responsible for identifying customer technical / commercial challenges and engaging appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution. Performance of these duties requires a substantial amount of independent interface with Rockwell Automation customers, system integrators, strategic alliance partners, and product division personnel.
Engages distributors to develop Process and IA specialist team, ensures awareness and appropriate knowledge of new and existing products and technologies, supports local marketing making seminars and initiatives and works with the Territory Channel Manager to give appropriate feedback on distributor performance. Also works with Encompass Partners and Process companies to assist distributors in stocking complimentary process products to complete the solution.
Works within assigned geography to execute the Process business plan by focusing identified conversion target accounts, ensuring that quotations for hardware/software include related attached services, supporting local Rockwell Automation and distributor initiatives and marketing programs, and providing ongoing support to Account Managers in closing orders.
Understands our internal and external Process Solutions Delivery capabilities. Builds and grows the capabilities of our Process Solution Partners in the assigned geography. Collaborates with other territories and within RA to find the right Process Solution Partners for specific applications when appropriate. Works collaboratively with Sales Teams to minimize conflict between SSB and Process SP's.
Exhibits appropriate domain expertise of focus industries and applications within assigned geography, provide technical expertise for assigned products and services and is able to provide design consultation & technical expertise to customers.
Engages in key accounts and opportunities within assigned geography by providing presentations, demonstrations, proof of concept and other activities. Is responsible for identifying ways for customers to reduce risks by creating awareness of attached services.
Supports teaming across assigned geography by utilizing unique skills to assist others, leveraging other Solution Architects capabilities, engaging other district resources when appropriate and collaborating with the counterparts to maximize Rockwell Automation content within customer base.
Understands and supports established business processes and serves as primary liaison between customers and Rockwell Automation Account Managers by collaborating with business unit resources to resolve commercial/technical issues.
8. Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
9. Conducts tasks in accordance with the applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state/federal laws) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
10. Responsibilities for direct / indirect management of the Solution Architect(s) and Technical Consultant(s) resources including direct input regarding: performance management, goal planning, compensation, and coaching and feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline
- Five or more years of experience implementing Control System and Distributed Control System strategies and managing the sales process.
- Previous experience with channel management and relationship building.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Prior experience selling or implementing Distributed Control Systems
- Experience with DCS systems from Rockwell, Emerson, or Siemens, ABB, Honeywell
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
Twinsburg - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.