Global Consultant, Sustainable Construction - California-1701348
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Global Consultant, Sustainable Construction, to join our California team.
Global Consultant, Sustainable Construction (1700899) California
One of the primary focuses of this position is to increase the awareness, selection frequency and specification of BASF value added solutions for construction projects which are designed in the USA, but executed outside the USA. You will also focus exclusively on increasing the probability of achieving the sale of BASF products in these project locations outside the USA by focused value promotion and specification in the headquarter locations.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Identify consultant offices that work on global mega projects, by use of databases, personal contacts and domestic market development teams, to build up the relevant database of contacts.
- Present the full offering of BASF products and solutions by personal presentations, WebEx sessions and lunch & learns, to increase the probability of call backs during project design
- Maintain a project pipeline overview by means of a CRM or other appropriate tracking tool, which will facilitate an easier overview and reporting process of key metrics and hand over of the information for affected internal stakeholders.
- Establish key contacts into the local teams in Europe, EMEA and Asia by phone call and email to promote exchange, both for handover of specification information to the countries, as well as to gain on-the-ground intelligence in the countries for contact into the consultant HQ locations.
- Promote industry awareness of BASF and the Master Builders Solutions brand in construction at fairs, conventions and other industry forums where architects and engineers participate
- Assure standards of safety, environmental, team and individual performance are met in a high performance team-based organization.
- Address and raise the EHS standards at BASF.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: You Will
- B.S. in Engineering, Architecture, Science or related construction field required; MBA, preferred
- 10+ years in the construction industry; 5+ years in the construction chemicals industry strongly preferred
- 5+ years promoting value added solutions to architect and engineering communities required
- 5+ years sales experience with the ability to identify opportunities and sell value-added solutions globally preferred
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills and self-motivation
- Familiarity with the construction chemicals products and solutions portfolio globally, including specification processes, documentation and language
- Ability to work collaboratively and network globally across regional barriers/local interests and to facilitate discussions with stakeholders of different levels/abilities.
- Willing to travel and maintain flexible working hours to achieve goals
Primary Location: US-CA-San Francisco
Other Locations: US-CA-Sacramento, US-CA-Los Angeles
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (EB)-Construction Chemicals