Customer Care Key Account Specialist - Charlotte, NC-1701268
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF has recently been recognized as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes Magazine. At BASF, our largest assets are our people and the chemistry they create is fundamental to our success. We encourage you to become part of our winning organization.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Customer Care Key Account Specialist to join our dedicated Customer Care Team in Charlotte, NC. As a Key Account Specialist, you will collaborate with our internal partners to communicate to customers with confidence. We win together to execute upon and meet our customers' needs. Our Customer Care Team acts as solution champions, delivering winning results and a premiere customer experience.
At BASF, employees are provided with the tools needed to manage your career. Once established within Customer Care, you may decide this is exactly where your future belongs, or you may opt to focus on career opportunities in such areas as Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing or Procurement.
The Customer Care Key Account Specialist will report directly to the Customer Care Corporate Key Account Manager and is responsible for expertly managing the cross-business order-to-cash activities for PPG, a customer identified as a NA 2025 strategic account.
Customer Care Key Account Specialist (1701268)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Expertly manages the order to cash process across multiple Strategic Business Units or Regional Business Units. Understands the numerous Customer Interaction Models (CIMs) and segmentations that are supported by BASF Business Units. Is able to assist in strategic decision making against these various service offerings. Is able to provide clarity to the customer based on business specific agreements.
- Work through the internal intricacies and complexities of BASF to expertly manage key accounts and translate tactical actions to strategic thinking.
- Provide project leadership across Customer Care hubs, business units, and/or functional groups important. Able to organize clear key deliverables, establish and meet deadlines, and be solution-oriented. Collaborates and facilitates information sharing, with the ability to skillfully deliver presentations to stakeholders.
- Be heavily involved in resolving issues beyond the core responsibilities of a Customer Care Account Representative and/or Specialist, with the expectation to continuously differentiate services levels.
- Build synergies based on knowledge of the customer's and BASF's processes and look for efficiency gains both internally and externally. The Customer Care Key Account Specialist is a leader in enacting process improvements and continuously challenging the status quo, making it easier for the customer to do business with BASF.
- Partner with the Global Key Account Manager, Regional Key Account Manager, and Corporate Key Account Manager to have an in depth understanding of the customer and the customer's market(s). Knows the customer's approach to market, as well as BASF's account plan for the identified strategic key account. The Customer Care Key Account Specialist displays active involvement with the Global Key Account Manager, Regional Key Account Manager, and Corporate Key Account Manager and participates in multiple customer visits each year. Target agreement(s) to be in alignment with Global Key Account Manager, Regional Key Account Manager, and Corporate Key Account Manager initiatives.
- Be skilled in the customer's eCommerce platform, as well as BASF's ability to support that platform. Actively pursues eSolutions to suit the needs of the strategic key account. Ensures consistency within this arena across all BASF Operating Divisions.
- Promote awareness of the Corporate Key Account model within Customer Care at BASF both internally and externally, acting as a liaison between the customer and BASF.
- Work independently, be a self-starter, and contribute in a virtual team setting.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
Bachelor's degree required with 4 years' experience in Customer Service, Supply Chain, Sales, IS or relevant discipline OR 8 years Customer Service, Supply Chain, Sales, IS or relevant discipline in lieu of degree
Computer proficiency required. Preferred advanced skills in: SAP R3, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, web-based applications and reporting tools
Demonstrates advanced knowledge and understanding of complex order to cash processes such as vendor managed inventory, imports, drop shipments, and portal maintenance.
Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication skills including utilizing data analysis to compile and present conclusions to a variety of audiences.
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-FSI-Global IT Delivery