We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position is responsible for supporting the BASF operation of production at the Wyandotte Dispersion and Resins Plant on the Wyandotte site by maintaining the instrumentation and controls systems in good working order. The work must be done in a safe and efficient manner, and demands attention to detail, job site cleanliness, and work space orderliness. You will be responsible for repair and maintenance of the Instrument and Electrical equipment encompassing the plant switch-gear, electrical and pneumatic system, PLC controllers and AC and DC drive controls. Interpret electrical schematics, blue prints and computer logic to trouble shoot production problems and resolve them.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
The position requires a collaborative approach involving multiple levels of plant operations personnel, and the successful candidate must have excellent troubleshooting, communication, and listening skills.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Install, wire, calibrate, and repair a wide variety of chemical process instrumentation including those for measurement and control of fluid flow, pressure, temperature, level, pH, density, and position.
- Read P&ID's, flow diagrams, single line diagrams, loop diagrams, sequence charts, and interlock tables. Must be able to use manufacturers' technical literature available on-line, and communicate regularly with vendors' technical representatives.
- Support, maintain and improve the Maintenance Process Improvement programs to maintain equipment reliability.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance inspections.
- Familiarity with both ANSI and metric standard fasteners and fittings, as well as domestic and European equipment is required.
- 24 hour / 365 day on-call support for Production demands. Willingness to work overtime, on-call, after hours and weekends when needed.
Qualifications NOTE: Not all positions are eligible for cross-regional relocation/work authorization. Cross regional is defined as movement between countries (e.g. Canada to U.S.).
- High School education or equivalent
- Basic computer literacy: Windows operating system, Outlook e-mail and databases, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Excellent safety skills. Must comply with OSHA and plant-specific safety procedures.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Two (2) year Associates Degree in a related Instrumentation, Electronics or Electrical field.
- ISA certification - Experience with troubleshooting and repair of Allen Bradley and Siemans PLC/DCS and Variable frequency drives is desired.
- Experience with SAP computerized maintenance management system.
- In addition to the basic requirement of being able to install control wiring, the ability to work on power wiring up to 480V 3-phase is an advantage.
- In addition to the basic requirement of being able to calibrate and maintain a wide variety of instrumentation, experience with air / water measurement equipment such as turbidity, conductivity, explosive gas detection is an advantage.
- Ability to develop and make revisions to written documentation related to equipment repair / calibration procedures, preventive maintenance inspection protocols, breakdown / failure analysis reporting.
- Familiar with Profibus Protocol
This position is part of a job family with multiple levels and will be filled at a level that is commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Primary Location: US-MI-Wyandotte
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FTN-Engineering/Maintenance North America