Operations Engineer I-1701262
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We have an opportunity for an Operations Engineer I to join our team and to be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the site while also providing technical support needed to execute the required production plan. Strong leadership is required in the safe plant operation and adherence to BASF Process Safety rules and policies.
Operations Engineer I (1701262)
You will hold an important role in driving standardization across shifts, optimizes products cycle time and works closely with other support groups like Maintenance to insure proper priorities are placed. You will lead troubleshooting efforts and providing solutions when problems arise is a critical function of this position.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide guidance and input to the achievement and development of plant goals, objectives and operational budgets
- Generate and complete MOCs, revalidate temporary MOCs to confirm their validity
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to daily Operational Team for plant problems that arise
- Expect to be on-call and respond to any after hour event impacting production or EHS
- Provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production, EHS, and quality incidents
- Lead Process Hazards Analysis (PHA and assigned process safety improvement activities)
- Identify Lean opportunities and support implementation of these Lean Projects
- Assist and support Production Supervisor to insure scheduling for adequate shift coverage is maintained
- Partner with the Production Supervisor to maintain safe operation and reliability of the plant
- Strong understanding of Process Safety Concepts and their applications
- Lead projects to debottleneck equipment
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS degree in Engineering or Chemistry and minimum 2 years' experience in chemical production or maintenance required (co-op and internship experience applies)
- Instrumentation familiarity, lab and field
- Experience in process parameters, root cause analysis, EHS procedures/standards, lean manufacturing principles, and project management
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to interface with other departments on and off site
- Prior professional accomplishments should include: participation in a debottlenecking project, managed small projects, assisted in the review/update of engineering standards, and participated in review and/or development of safety standards
Primary Location: US-OH-Greenville
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America