At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are currently searching for a motivated Product Regulations Specialist to join our Crop Protection business (AP) in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina.
Product Regulations Specialist (1701145)
As a Product Regulations Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting with the Master Data set up in SAP for end products and raw materials, and the assurance that the various SAP systems (BASIS, GTS, SPASS, Cobalt) contain all required data and approvals. You will also participate in the resolution and communication of issues with stakeholders related to material movement blocks.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Evaluate Globally Harmonized System (GHS) classifications for US and Canada, conduct quality assessments of content and release Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Provide guidance to stakeholders on Product Regulations requirements throughout the Product Launch process
- Conduct a regulatory review of each product and raw material to ensure proper set up in the SAP systems, and evaluate all new and extended articles
- Monitor the blocked order queue in SAP: quickly evaluate reasons for blocks, problem solve, provide information and work with other functions to release the block while ensuring regulatory compliance
- Monitor and navigate established systems to ensure data quality
- Maintain a solid understanding of the systems applications and procedures
- Provide backup, as needed, for other team members, and work with basic producers, regulators and distributors
This position is part of a job family. If selected, you will be hired at a level that matches your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.