We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Maintenance Planner to join our team.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
Maintenance Planner (1701247)
You will be part of the Maintenance team based in Quincy, FL, and will support the overall success of the Dispersions & Resins business in North America.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Create job plans for the effective execution of work by providing job scopes, job step sequence, labor and material requirements, skill requirements, specifying the necessary tools and equipment, external resources, and determining work order costs.
- Identify permitting requirements and special isolation needs.
- Create task lists (job plan library) for recurring jobs.
- Create purchase requisitions and reservations for necessary materials, equipment or services and orders material.
- Forward completed "ready-to-schedule" job packages to the Scheduler.
- Continually improve the job plans by collaborating with Maintenance Supervisors and Engineers to 1) Maintain a spare parts inventory, 2) Build & Maintain Bill of Materials for area equipment, 3) Continually update task lists to ensure: necessary changes or improvements are incorporated, and efficiencies are captured per job feedback, 4) Obtaining and analyzing feedback from the work crew through the job feedback process and 5) Updating the task list and job plan libraries.
- Review work scopes for changes which would result in triggering a Management of Change (MoC)
- Create Job Packets as needed by providing spec sheets, vendor manuals, P&IDs, pictures, isolation plans, job plan/feedback form, etc.
- Assist in emergency or critical priority jobs by expediting materials and coordinating other crafts/resources and fulfilling any other activities (non-standard) assigned by the supervisor.
- Create job plans for the effective execution of Downtime projects: job scopes, job step sequence, labor and material requirements, skill requirements, specifying the necessary tools and equipment, external resources, and determining work order costs
- Coordinate purchase requisitions / purchase orders and expedite orders to assure scheduled delivery for turnaround
- Review the backlog and planning list.
- Clarify incomplete or unclear work notifications.
- Group work orders and/or notifications together that can be planned and completed as a single order.
- Determine the appropriate degree of planning.
- Utilize the proper SAP status codes including work order start and finish dates to allow proper scheduling of the work order
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Relocation Assistance is Not Available for this position.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required, with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment OR Associates Degree, preferred, with 4+ years of experience.
- Ability to learn Mechanical systems and equipment, and crafts, along with an understanding of maintenance scheduling. Ability to procure and expedite materials and resources.
- Ability to deal effectively with the unknown and unexpected and possess the ability to handle non-routine and emergency activities, such as schedule breakers, plant shutdowns, start-up, etc.
- Excellent organizational and work management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and a high degree of quality orientation.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- High level of competency in Excel, Primavera or Microsoft Access to optimize and organize work.
Primary Location: US-FL-Quincy
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America