We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF's Crop Protection Site in Sparks, Georgia is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who has mechanical aptitude, training, and the skills necessary to perform maintenance function on various plant infrastructures. The candidate will report to and receive work assignments, priorities, etc from the Maintenance Supervisor.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following
- Perform preventive and/or predictive maintenance mechanical tasks, document findings and completion.
- Maintain, check, adjust, install, and repair every mechanical system in the plant, according to maintenance procedures and manufacturers recommendations using drawing, manuals, blueprints, and P&ID diagrams.
- Repair and install various piping systems and valves: including threaded, flanged, welded, glued, and compression
- Recommend changes to existing equipment, piping, or system in order to improve plant safety or reliability.
- Recommend tools, equipment, or methods to improve the safety or timeliness of system repairs.
- Support and endorse all company or regulatory standards in regards to ecology, health, and safety at the site.
- Complete Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations
- Skilled in the following
- Reading Prints & Drawings
- Troubleshooting Techniques
- Pipe Fitting
- Pumps and Pump Systems
- Metal Working & Fabrication
- Bearing Installation / Lubrication
- Gears, Chains, Belts Drives Installation
- Ability to safely operate forklifts and manlifts
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards in the work area
- Ability to safely handle object weighing up to 50 lbs
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
This position will be filled at a Grade commensurate with the skills and experience of the candidate.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
High School Diploma or accredited GED
Four years work experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting or two years work experience, plus a two year industrial maintenance related degree
Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures.
- Knowledge of safety regulations associated with a chemical operation.
Knowledge of safety practices and techniques relating to industrial manufacturing (LOTO, Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Line Breaking).
Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ability to work a flexible schedule and respond to call-ins and impromptu overtime on nights and weekends.
Strong leadership skills, team skills, and self motivation.
Working knowledge of computer systems.
Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Ability to safely handle objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Eight years work experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting.
Knowledge of operation, maintenance, repair, and calibration of chemical process instrumentation and controls (Level, Flow, Pressure, and Temperature).
Experience in MS Windows operating systems (i.e. Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc...)
Ability to write and revise written job instructions.
Primary Location: US-GA-Sparks
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America