At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Formulation Additives Lab Chemist to join our Dispersions and Resins team.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
Formulation Additives Lab Chemist (1701199)
You will be responsible for daily technical service activities for formulation additives supplied to the transportation, industrial and automotive industries. Tasks will include product comparisons and evaluations, demonstration of features and benefits of BASF products and responding to customer requests regarding formulation techniques. You will be based in Southfield, Michigan.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Work within the team and independently to support business activities.
- Analyze and interpret data and communicate results/recommendations through written reports and/or presentations.
- In coordination with the technical service specialist, initiate customer focused projects to demonstrate portfolio with emphasis on providing solutions to customers' problems and collecting competitive data.
- Troubleshoot customer complaints.
- Work with manufacturing to investigate and help resolve product non-conformance events.
- Develop expertise with respect to the features and relative performance of formulation additives for various markets through extensive testing in the laboratory.
- Write/revise ISO documents to maintain and improve work instructions/SOPs.
- Actively participate in all BASF safety practices and programs
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.