End Use Test Lab Technician (Budd Lake, NJ)-1701306
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Seeking technician in the End Use Testing laboratory to support the Engineering Plastics and Thermoplastic Polyurethane businesses of the Performance Materials unit.
End Use Test Lab Technician (1701306)
This position is the primary interface with our customers with End Use Testing supporting our portfolio of engineering materials.The position interfaces with Application Engineers, CAD Engineers, Product managers, Marketing & Sales, Tech Service, Scientists and outside customers. The position provides focus on the testing and performance of parts and materials as it relates to the customers requirements and specifications. The position is designed to promote customer satisfaction in their use of our products and services.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Be responsible for interpreting internal and external customer testing requirements, developing test methods and documenting/reporting results.
- Support new or existing applications and products.
- Understands markets, customer needs and competitive products by providing feedback and data to the team and business.
- Design test fixtures and techniques and identifies instrumentation in support of material evaluations.
- Conduct physical, chemical, mechanical and environmental testing.
- Collaborate with laboratory colleagues, product development scientists, application development engineers to develop effective, efficient and safe work processes.
- Actively seeks and promotes cross training of lab techs within other labs..
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS in mechanical field with 4 years of experience in a mechanical field OR Associate's with 10 years working in mechanical field OR HS Diploma with 15 years working in a mechanical field required.
- Experience working with common machine shop equipment required and experience in application testing and development in related plastic discipline required.
- Knowledgeable in physical, mechanical, thermal, environmental testing of polymers. Basic knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Good customer relationship skills. Able to interpret customer specifications and requirements.
- Ability to design unique test fixtures and develop non-standard test methods.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Budd Lake
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-PMN-Performance Materials NA