Technical & Engineering Services (TES) Manager - McIntosh, AL-1701288
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Manufacturing at BASF consists of a diverse group of employees, including engineers, operators, technicians, chemists, craftsmen, logistics professionals, and support services who work collaboratively to drive product creation and implementation. From process analysis and optimization, to product production and material movements, plant design, plant construction, and the commissioning of major production facilities, Manufacturing at BASF calls for specialists with exceptional technical, mathematical, and scientific knowledge. Efficiency, excellence, and safety of our manufacturing operations ultimately ensures that BASF products meet the needs of its customers.
Technical & Engineering Services Manager will manage the Technical and Engineering Services Team at the McIntosh Site which consists of the following areas: Capital Planning and Execution; Maintenance & Reliability; Stores & Receiving Operations; and Contractor Management including management of the maintenance contract with Brown & Root.
Formula for success. You will..
- Seek compliance with all EH&S requirements and provides leadership that promotes a safe working environment.
- Maintain alignment of the site TES organization with the business unit, operations, and production services organizations regarding goals, objectives, strategies and initiatives.
- Obtain, assign and lead resources to manage and execute capital and expense projects.
- Ensure that projects meet functionality, cost and scheduling expectations. Reports and communicates status of projects and any variances from stated expectations.
- Manage mechanical integrity program to ensure corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Work with business and site leadership to formulate and execute the capital strategy. Work with site leadership to forecast capital spending.
- Obtain, assign and lead resources to perform routine, extraordinary and turnaround maintenance activities, while coordinating with production to accomplish tasks while minimizing disruption to the production schedule.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for success. What we look for in you..
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline required
- Minimum 10 years of industrial plant experience required, with experience in plant design, procurement, construction and/or maintenance preferred
- Experience directly managing others required
- Minimum 3 years of direct management of a team is required
- Strong demonstrated competency in the following areas is required: environmental, health & safety, communication & interpersonal understanding, customer focus, influence/impact, entrepreneurial action, leading employees to success, analytical thinking and change of orientation/management
- Understanding of industry recognized best practices for maintenance processes and project management necessary
- Experience in maintenance and engineering (project, process and/or design) required
- User experience with SAP is desirable
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-AL-McIntosh
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals