Global Supply Chain Project Manager - Huntsville, AL-1603803
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF's Mobile Emissions Catalysts (CCE) team is seeking a Global Supply Chain Project Manager to implement projects and processes as decided during Supply Chain council meetings and to cover global interfaces with other BASF organizations.
Global Supply Chain Manager (1603803)
Nature and Scope
- Critical coordination necessary between scheduling, alignment of forecasting process as well as warehouse management.
- Responsible for central projects (Catalysts division or BASF-wide). Example: inventory management.
- Introduction of Scheduling Agreement with EDI for suppliers.
- Develop and execute Global Supply Chain (GS) KPI's, i.e. maintenance and alignment of settings among the regions with monthly reporting.
- Representation in BASF Automotive Council and coordination of OEM typical IT requirements within BASF. This includes alignment of IT roadmap with CC IM and GS.
- Interaction with global raw materials and precious metals functions; as well as interaction with GS on G-CCE process standards global project roll-outs with a development focus.
- Exchange between CCE regions will require regular communication about process improvements, and handling of business challenges.
- Ensure aligned commitments/communication to global customer inquiries.
- Critical player in establishing harmonization of processes across the board.
- Independent, influential, and collaborative with peers and supervisor for critical decision making processes.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Project management and resource/budget alignment and coordination between Catalysts (CC), IM, Global Supply Chain (GS), and the CCE regions. Ensure personnel and resources are in place as required.
- Implement projects and processes as mandated by the Supply Chain (SC) council.
- Serve as the go to person for global requests, e.g. to channel appropriately within CCE or bring forward for decision by the SC council.
- Identify optimization and harmonization potentials within and between CCE supply chain units. Provide input for process development.
- Consolidate demand forecasts to a global demand forecast.
- Support and initiate benchmarks between regions.
- Implement supply chain strategy.
- Align global customer requirements in supply chain with key account teams (example: OEM expectation about global safety stock policies, production footprint flexibility, etc.)
- Interface to global CCE functions (esp. Controlling, Marketing) jointly with regional SC managers.
- Change management locally/regionally together with regional SC managers.
- Work with key players in CCE to assist in the development of a supply chain strategy, based on the SBU strategy, and developed within the GS template.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Management or other applicable and relevant degree.
- 7+ years of relevant experience is required, which must include 3+ years of supply chain experience. Experience in the automotive/catalysts business is preferred.
- Strong communication and networking skills is a must; with the ability to communicate and articulate at multiple levels (senior leadership to operational staff and technical experts) within the organization required.
- Very solid focus on implementation of plans, a can-do' attitude required.
- Influential leadership skills is fundamental to succeed in this role especially in terms of interfacing with internal Catalyst clients and external global customers required.
- Sound strategic thinking capabilities and demonstrated ability to implement project plans and process changes within stipulated timelines required.
- Ability to travel 35% of the time.
Primary Location: US-AL-Huntsville
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts