At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are currently seeking a Credit Administrator to join our team at Watson Bowman Acme (WBA) Corp, a division of BASF Construction Chemicals. WBA is a recognized innovator in the development and manufacturing of expansion joint control systems for the construction industry.
Credit Administrator, Watson Bowman Acme (1700093)
You will be responsible for the collection of open accounts receivable; controlling credit issued to customers and performing credit evaluations of new and existing customers, while managing credit risk. This position relies heavily on the ability to communicate effectively with various contacts, both internally and externally, to resolve disputes involving credit and non-payment of debt.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide collection of open accounts receivable.
- Perform credit evaluation of new customers.
- Control recording of cash receipts.
- Maintain accuracy of cash deposits.
- Manage and maintain the accounts receivable portfolio, minimizing company risk while sustaining healthy profitable customer relationship.
- Review and approve orders as required in a timely fashion.
- Review and evaluate existing customer credit limits on a regular basis and approve or recommend increases where appropriate, with company authorization levels.
- Evaluate new customer applications for credit and approve or recommend credit limits within company authorization levels.
- Complete all work in conformance with Company and Department ISO 9001-2000 and 14001 policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Support and adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and regulations as described in the Environmental, Health and Safety Rules and Regulations Employee Handbook as well as WBA specific safety guidelines and procedures.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.