Estimator - Bridge Maintenance Products (Sales Estimator)-1700327
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Watson Bowman Acme (WBA), a proud member of BASF Construction Chemicals, is a worldwide leader in design and supply of expansion control products to the bridge and building industries. Seeking a qualified candidate for the Bridge Maintenance Products Division. The Bridge Maint. Products Estimator serves as a primary inside point of contact for sales and sector project estimating. This position supports sales in the bidding process and is responsible for evaluating project bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that the company is properly informed to position themselves properly and competitively in the marketplace. Works closely with sales and transportation owners to assess product approvals and ensure appropriate product offerings are listed on State's Qualified Product Lists. Reports directly to the Bridge Highway Maintenance National Sales Manager.
This is an exciting position with tremendous opportunity for career growth. Watson Bowman Acme is a strong, growing business within the BASF Construction Chemicals Business Unit.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 year degree in construction technology or a related field is required - A Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Minimum of two years in this or similar field is required.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Capability in Microsoft Office on a Windows 7 platform is essential.
- SAP experience a plus
- Candidate should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Time management and organization skills are required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, including active listening skills with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization providing courteous, timely and accurate information is required.
- Demonstrated analytical competencies in basic math skills. Technical aptitude with respect to contract plans and specifications a plus.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new concepts, processes and product information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage different projects and priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines
Primary Location: US-NY-Amherst
Other Locations: US-NY-Amherst
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America