Production Supervisor - 1st Shift-1701300
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are currently searching for a motivated Production Supervisor for our Crop Protection business in Saint Louis, MO.
Production Supervisor - 1st Shift (1701300)
As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to a crew of 20 - 35 production operators within a single shift manufacturing environment. You will achieve this by scheduling resources (equipment, material and human resources) to accomplish work in a safe, timely, quality conscious, efficient & cost effective manner to meet customer requirements.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Deliver and track training in processes and procedures for all site production personnel
- Give technical support to all production staff and Production Manager
- Act as deputy in Production Manager's absence
- Handle emergency schedule breakers by effectively and efficiently assigning work within the available resources
- Ensure alignment of the employee's work and behaviors with the Vision, Values & Goals of the organization
- Prepare, communicate, and maintain written records of employee performance including coaching, performance counseling & discipline as well as recognition of exceptional performance
- Provide proper documentation and administration of employee time & attendance, disability, worker's compensation, family medical leave, etc.
- Facilitate BASF-sponsored safety awareness & training initiatives (confined space entry, lock-out tag-out, hot works, line break as well as other structured safety programs)
- Review, update, and write Standard Operating Procedures
As a leader for BASF, you will
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
This position is part of a job family. If selected, you will be hired at a level that matches your knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
As a leader for BASF, you are expected to
Play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline and 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting OR Associate's Degree in a manufacturing related discipline and 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting OR High School Diploma/GED and 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of inventory and production controls
- Proficient with computer software such as Microsoft Office
- Very strong process analytical / mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated competencies in strong leadership and interpersonal skills, communication, customer focus, coaching, entrepreneurial approach, and acting as a change agent
We Also Look For
Primary Location: US-MO-St. Louis
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (AP)-Crop Protection