Test Cell Supervisor-1701201
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We have a great opportunity for a Test Cell Supervisor to join our team and support ProCat Testing.
ProCat Testing is a wholly owned subsidiary of BASF mainly responsible for emissions systems testing, evaluation and development. Its main customers are the Global Automotive OEM's, their suppliers, off highway, recreational, marine and aerospace industries. The position is based in Wixom, MI. in a 30,000-square-foot facility comprised of 22 engine test cells, 1 SULEV (Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle) vehicle emission testing facility and motorcycle rolling road.
Test Cell Supervisor (1701201)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage assigned test cells; schedule of test cell operators, reporting of daily test operation, quality checks, shift job sheets, reduction of down time, adhere to and enforce site Environmental, Health and Safety policies and practices
- Monitor test cell status and interface directly with the Test Cell Manager
- Share supervision of technicians (shift hand over, attendance, safety, housekeeping, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Control and monitor the correct application of test procedures and any test requests from the Test Cell Manager and /or clients as required
- Control and carry out checks on the quality of logged data as requested by Test Cell Manager, Client or the Requesting Engineer
- Manage and maintain supply inventory
Leadership Core Responsibilities
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical and/or Automotive Engineering a plus
- 2+ years automotive mechanical supervisory experience required, test cell operations experience preferred
- Prior supervisory experience required
- This individual must have a safety mindset and physically able to safely lift medium weights 30-35 lbs.
- Automotive mechanical ability is critical to position (i.e. able to operate, repair, maintain, order, and troubleshoot test cell equipment)
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced technical environment required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in MS Office Suite required (Word and Excel)
We Also Look for
- Operation and understanding of engine test cells and their associated equipment preferred
- Experience of emission testing equipment desired
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-MI-Wixom
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts