At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking candidates for a Transportation Management System Support Rail Specialist to ensure ongoing accuracy and ownership of SAP freight cost documents and act as a liaison between Supply Chain Operations and Transportation Procurement to ensure ongoing communication of rate errors. (Goal is to sustain ninety to ninety-five percent rating accuracy depending upon mode).
Transportation Management System Support Rail Specialist (1701349) Florham Park, NJ
You will become a member of the freight payment team, reporting into Transportation Management, with regional responsibility. You will work closely with Transportation Management, Business Unit Logistics, and Procurement functions. You will work directly with Carriers and Business Unit Logistics to ensure timely payment of freight invoices
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage Rail carrier invoice exceptions, including assisting carriers, BU planners, and procurement. High volume including daily research, root cause analysis and resolution.
- Coach internal and external customers in support of data integrity and related processes, resulting in increased accuracy of freight accruals and payments.
- Perform daily analysis of standard SAP rating report, comparing SAP freight Accruals to 3rd party accruals and payments. Investigate root cause of discrepancies, perform remediation and communicate to upstream users, (including Procurement, Command Center, Customer Care and BU planners).
- Maintain ownership of freight cost documents. Act as a point of contact for the BASF user community for updating/changing/deleting freight cost documents as required due to changes in shipments.
- Weekly post and reconcile 3 freight payment files from 3rd party payment provider adhering to a strict weekly deadline. This includes corrections in SAP to ensure accurate posting of files.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.