Global Sourcing Manager-1700310
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Global Sourcing Manager position is part of the Global Sourcing and Contracting team from BASF's Crop Protection Division, located in Research Triangle Park, NC, reporting to the Director of Global Sourcing in the Crop Protection Division.
Global Sourcing Manager (1700310)
As a Global Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for leading all delegated sourcing activities that are contracted in North America. You will also be responsible for the strategic alignment of materials derived from other units throughout BASF. The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of many different functions and organizational levels will be a key to success.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Support the development and implementation of supply strategies for a portfolio of Global Active Ingredients and Key Intermediates
- Manage the commercial and technical outsourcing of chemical manufacturing processes (Contract Manufacturing)
- Interface with the Central Procurement team to support new product launches, capital projects, risk management projects, etc.
- Oversee, manage, and take accountability for the Sourcing Specialist
- Indirectly lead several tolling operators
As a leader for BASF, you will
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
As a leader for BASF, you are expected to
Play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS/BA Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or Manufacturing (Business degree will be considered if relevant work experience is present)
- 9+ years of relevant work experience (i.e.: procurement, manufacturing, supply chain, logistics and/or engineering) (Applicable experience while completing a Masters or PHD program will be considered)
- Experience leading projects
- Experience with Manufacturing, Engineering, and/or Chemical Processes
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills; Ability to multi-task, deal with conflicting deadlines and priorities
We Also Look for
- Sourcing experience (i.e.: raw materials, packaging, logistic services, etc.)
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: PROC - Procurement
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (AP)-Crop Protection