At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We have a great opportunity for a Business Systems Manager. The Catalyst Information Management Business Systems Manager will work closely with the businesses in strategically planning, designing, developing, optimizing and implementing business solutions on a global level across the Catalyst division.
Business Systems Manager, Catalyst Information Management (1701325)
You are a results-oriented leader who can build strong working relationships and function effectively at all levels of the organization. You think strategically to mitigate risks, resolve problems and add value for the division.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Develop execution strategies to achieve BASF functional services and divisional IS objectives
- Develop and sustain a comprehensive understanding of IS cost drivers in support of BASF group Fit for Profitable Growth
- Manage IS cost reporting and identifying where IS costs can be reduced at a divisional level
- Coordinate BASF functional services and Information Management initiatives within the division and provide support in the implementation of SAP and other business systems
- Coordinate BASF functional services/Division initiatives
- Lead the global Lotus Notes database migration team for the division
- Manage and lead Catalyst IS global project demand
- Develop, track and report the Catalyst global IS Investments
- Support Catalyst business systems requirements
- Provide strong liaison with BASF functional services Business Relationship Management on a global level to ensure Catalyst demands are addressed
- Ensure IS subprojects are clearly identified and defined in all Commission submittals
- Support the development of IS project approval documentation
- Support Business Release Management, Change Requests and Work Requests for the division
- Lead and develop two direct reports
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable