At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We have a great opportunity for a Business Manager, Ethylene Oxide, to join our team and be responsible for the overall management and direction of the Ethylene Oxide (EO) Business in North America. The position is responsible for the management of Product Management and Sales, and works in close coordination with Operations, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, Customer Care, EHS and Credit.
Business Manager, Ethylene Oxide (1701333)
As the Business Manager, Ethylene Oxide, you will be a Member and Participant of the ACC Ethylene Oxide Management Committee, with support from the Product Steward. This Committee consists of producers and/or users of ethylene oxide, and is responsible for addressing regulatory and/or legislative issues that impact Ethylene Oxide.
Formula for Success: You Will...
- Lead the North American Alkylene Oxide and Glycols Business and related marketing and sales staff (2 direct reports)
- Develop pricing strategy to maximize profits and market share in US Ethylene Oxide Merchant business.
- Use knowledge of industry trends and events to optimize business portfolio and contract management and develop new business opportunities.
- Develop and execute long term propylene oxide sourcing strategy.
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external customers, and negotiate with and influence various functional and corporate functions.
- Develop and implement the strategy of Global Product Area Strategy and Regional Strategic Business Plans in coordination with global business team. Develop Operating plan and individual account plans.
- Coordinate operations and logistics plans with business plans to ensure strategy and plan implementation.
Your core leadership responsibilities will include:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.