At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Thermoplastic Polyurethane Extrusion Manufacturing Technical Leader is a key member of technical team for Wyandotte TPU Manufacturing in North America.
Technical Leader, TPU Extrusion (1701257)
You will provide support for the Strategic Production functions for the Wyandotte TPU Plant, including Process Optimization, Capital Projects, Process Safety, Automation, and Technology Expertise.
Formula for Success: You Will
Develop and execute Capital Projects
- Act as Manufacturing Rep for Capital Projects supporting the efficient and timely execution of projects
- Manage the monitoring and reporting on the progress of all capital projects, i.e. spending, construction, timing, etc.
- Manage the monitoring and reporting on the progress of TPU Extrusion development projects
- Act as Project Manager for Project Sprint and sub projects
- Provide Manufacturing representation for small projects in conjunction with an assigned site Engineering Project Manager
- Manage and provide guidance to Plant engineers when acting as manufacturing representative for small projects
- Assist Operation Manager in the evaluations and prioritization of capital projects for TPU Extrusion
- Assist Operation Manager in the capital budgeting process to ensure North American requirements and guidelines for Divisional and Central Projects are achieved.
- Coordinate and manage the annual capital budget for TPU Extrusion. Ensure that the proper projects are identified in-line with the long-term business objectives. Work with the teams to ensure on scope, on-time, on budget execution of project list.
Optimize Manufacturing and Technical Processes
- Drive continuous improvement
- Identify key operational change that positively impacts operational cost and business needs
- Work with inter and intra plant teams to drive Operational Excellence and process optimization ideas.
- Work with product manager and technology team to implement new technologies and products.
- Work with Global Technology team to solve technical problems and optimize operations
Develop and implement Automation technology applications
- Scope development and implementation of automation strategy, including batch sequence automation and product recipe generation
- Develop and implement Alarm Management concept
- Provide second tier troubleshooting and technical support for the DCS automation and Safety Instrumented Functions
Provide Technology Expertise For TPU Extrusion technologies
- Provide support for Global Technology Teams
- Support the Daily Production Team with complicated chemistry and technical problems.
- Gather feedback on Global technology advancements for TPU plants, via contacts in Lemfoerde, Brussel's, and Ludwigshafen and appropriately guide implementation.
Manage and maintain Process Safety programs
- Drive continuous process safety improvement
- Lead for Process Hazard Analysis
Maintain compliance and provide technical support for Process Safety programs and Process Safety Concepts
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.