Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
If this sounds like you, then we want to know you...
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015.
At BASF, we are working to deliver intelligent, sustainable solutions to the global challenges of today and those of the future. We Create Chemistry to add value to our products and services, in harmony with nature and, most importantly, with people. Our people change the world each and every day. We have big goals for our Geismar, LA site and we are working hard to build a successful team.
Where the Chemistry Happens
We have a great opportunity for a TDI Production Specialist in our Geismar, LA, who would be is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the Toluene Diisocyanate (TDI) plant. The Production Specialist will provide the technical support needed to execute the required production plan.
TDI Production Specialist (1701363) Geismar, LA
You will provide strong leadership in safe plant operation and model adherence to BASF Process Safety rules and policies. You will play an important role in driving standardization across shifts, optimizing fixed and variable unit costs, and working closely with other support groups like Supply Chain, Asset Management and Maintenance. You would be instrumental in leading troubleshooting efforts when problems arise. You would be a solution provider.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Support, lead, and role model EHS activities and EHS processes.
- Support the Accident Incident Investigations as needed to insure root cause analysis and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage and be responsible for critical PSM/RMP/RCMS elements and processes, MOC's, PHA's, PSSRs, Lockout Tagout, Operational Procedures, Confined Space, Employee Participation, and Hot Work.
- Perform daily observations on safe work practices, compliance to basic rules, and set high standards for housekeeping.
- Turn Around/Outage coordinating lead for Daily Operations Team.
- Support Maintenance Gatekeeper in the coordination, planning, and execution of shutdown or turnaround work including maintenance and capital projects.
- Support Maintenance Gatekeeper to coordinate/prioritize daily/weekly/outage work.
- Function as liaison with service groups and outside contractors to ensure that the work related to Turn Around/Outage is accomplished correctly, promptly, and in the most cost effective manner.
- Develop and maintain TDI turnaround strategy
- Participate in the optimization of scheduled and unscheduled downtime.
- Coordinate with AE Management the scheduling / execution of inspection (SIS, PSV, NDE inspections, OCI) work and outages (including catalyst changes within the plants to minimize the impact to the business and or production plan).
- Provide input to the achievement and development of plant goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Generate & Complete MOCs, revalidate temporary MOCs to confirm they are still valid.
- Provide Technical Support and troubleshooting expertise to Daily Operational Team.
- Maintain operating procedures, process descriptions and outage documentation
- Be an integral member of the Daily Support Team.
- Promote and lead continuous improvement and waste elimination efforts.
- Expected to be on-call and respond to any after hour event that impacts production or EHS.
- Interface with suppliers, customers, and vendors as needed to maintain plant operation.
- Monitor and track critical supplies, solvents, catalysts, and other materials on an as needed basis.
- Partner with the Production Supervisor to maintain the safe operation and reliability of the plant.
- Support and administer the union contract as needed.
- Support the training process by providing technical coaching to aid the development of others.
- Function as a subject matter expert and provide expertise to others.
- Review and validate production data and production reports as needed to support the production accounting process.
- Interface with the scheduling and shipment of products, wastes, co-products, and inbound raw materials as needed.
- Assist and support Production Supervisor on goals and manage performance of Shift Supervisors and Operators.
- Support Production Supervisor in the alignment of shift activities and shift goals.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.