The Account Manager - OEM is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to acquire new business for assigned solutions and services to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share. The individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships at assigned accounts and engaging with distributors to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources.
1. Owns the account strategy within the assigned accounts and communicates to the internal Rockwell teams on an account by account basis when appropriate.
2. Establishes, executive level relationships with the customer base and understands customer processes, drivers and business model.
3. Coordinates and communicates with the solutions and channel component sales management and the distributor organizations.
4. Provides application knowledge and industry expertise and manages sales activities according to Rockwell Automation's Customer Centric Selling process.
5. Qualifies customer opportunities, engage the appropriate resources and coordinates the solution design to impact the customer's decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition). Organizes and manages a technical engagement team for identified opportunities and integrates competitive data and strategy into proposals.
6. Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Customer Relationship Management system.
7. Teams with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers.
Negotiates contract terms and conditions (T&Cs), pricing, discounts and allowances through distributor.
8. Engages the Rockwell Automation account team and the senior Management, as required, to plan for and win opportunities.
9. Supports customer/internal program reviews and also the development of regional level Market Focus Plan.
10. Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
11. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
- Bachelor in an Engineering discipline or 4 years equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of successful sales experience in technical sales, distributor, integrator or engineering firm, or graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program.
- Experience working with all levels of OEM machine builders including VPs, plant engineers.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability for local travel greater than 50% of time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS Preferred candidate to have experience selling in the industrial automation industry
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
Pittsburgh - Pennsylvania, Twinsburg - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.