MES Networking Automation Security Engineer-1700984
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We have a great opportunity for an MES Networking Automation Security Engineer to join our team and be responsible to identify, champion, implement and maintain Automation Security and Industrial Communications applications and services, thereby providing a key contribution to the North American manufacturing sites on their Journey to Operational Excellence.
MES Networking Automation Security Engineer (1700984)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide BASF Global and North American (100+ sites) regional expertise for Automation Security involved in service delivery, creation and implementation concepts, risk management, incident management, awareness and training
- Deliver support for ICS network and security concerns across sites within the North American region.
- Support of project initiatives and work-stream development for North American region implementation planning, including technology evaluation and assessment of available vendor solutions to ensure adherence to BASF Automation security policy and industry best practices
- Provide expertise to assure sites and/or plants are conforming to global and regional standards and strategies in automation and automation security.
- Support the development and implementation of business enabling technologies like industrial wireless, remote access, remote monitoring, operator mobility and other customer driven project initiatives.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS/MS in Engineering, Information Systems, or other related technical discipline.
- 7+ years combined work experience in the chemical industry with emphasis on Process Controls, Automation Networking and Automation Security
- Strong technical knowledge of implementing process control systems and networking in refining or petrochemical industry.
- Proficiency in DCS, MES, Automation Security and Networking
- Fundamental knowledge of controls engineering, controls systems, and plant control system networking
- Working knowledge of networking and interaction between DCS, SCADA, PIMS, and IS/IT systems.
- Strong computer and communication skills
- Wired and Wireless network experience including asset discovery, problem isolation and troubleshooting skills
- ICS Security and Networking Expertise including familiarity with standards such as ISA/IEC62443
We Also Look for
- Cybersecurity related certifications such as CISSP, GISCP, GSEC, GCIH, GCFE, GCIA desired
- Having demonstrated work experience in identifying and implementing large network and MES projects in the Chemicals, Refining or Petrochemicals industry is an advantage.
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: US-LA-Geismar
Other Locations: US-TX-Angleton, US-MI-Wyandotte, US-TX-Houston
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FTN-Engineering/Maintenance North America