Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offer high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Specialist in our Analytics and Insights Group within the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Organization (SS&P). This position will report to Sr. Manager – Analytics and Insights. This position is located in our Atlanta, GA Headquarters.
The overall Analytics and Insights Group is responsible for supporting the current and developing needs of Sourcing and Procurement Organization by developing data visualizations, intelligent process automation solutions, custom web applications, geospatial analytics and data science applications to turn raw data into actionable insights. The Analytics and Insights Group operates as an analytics COE within the organization. The Business Intelligence Specialist will be responsible for supporting the strategic design, development and maintenance of business intelligence applications. The candidate will serve as a BI subject matter expertise for other Analytics and Insights members and business customers. The ideal candidate is a skilled leader with experience in working with large data sets in a variety of enterprise business intelligence applications including Qlik Sense and Tableau with both a technical and business functional skill set.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Acts as the day-to-day, business owner of our existing business intelligence applications built on platforms such as Qlik Sense and Tableau.
- Identify and develop innovative tools for enhanced analysis or data presentation to improve decision making and performance within the organization.
- Responsible for working with all levels throughout the organization in order to gather and document the organizational BI needs.
- Responsible for translating high-level and detailed business requirements into concrete BI solutions that address all facets of the organizational business intelligence needs.
- Responsible for delivering self-service tools and training to maximize organizational self-service and self-sufficiency.
- Understands business needs and translates them into functional requirements. Works alongside IT support to translate functional requirements into technical designs when required.
- Develops and maintains detailed documentation of the BI solutions to ensure effective development, maintenance and support.
- Proactively communicates new and innovative ideas, solutions, etc. to help advance the organization. Educates and trains team members on new technologies and BI trends.
- Create adhoc queries to provide information requested by business users as needed.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to establish and manage timelines, project priorities and handle multiple/concurrent projects. Maintain a sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management.