The Business Operations, Strategy, & Intelligence team (BizOps) operates as the AdOrg’s internal consulting group. Leveraging analytics, automation, and other data tools, BizOps plays a central role in defining and driving strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company.
As Manager, Business Operations & Strategy, you own the scoping and implementation of strategic projects to grow revenue for BuzzFeed. You'll work across functional areas like Sales, Operations, Tech, and Editorial Strategy, developing initiatives and processes to optimize the business.
- Strategic Planning. Partner with senior leaders to define their strategic priorities and goals in the context of broader company strategy, and how these translate to their teams’ focus areas. Leveraging frameworks like OKRs and / or Balanced Scorecards, you will measure and report on progress toward goals, working with leadership to escalate risks and remove roadblocks as needed
- Business Analytics & Reporting. Develop a deep understanding of the key drivers of our advertising organization. Define critical KPIs, dashboards, and analysis to help those teams manage performance and create operational rigor. Provide data-driven insights to inform decision making for the company priorities
- Special Projects. Tackle ambiguous strategic questions facing the business. Partner with leaders throughout BuzzFeed to build business cases for new initiatives. Drive the implementation of those initiatives to ensure smooth execution across a diverse array of cross-functional stakeholders
- Communications. Lead and maintain a structure of cross-functional communications to increase visibility, drive alignment, and manage change such as All Hands, leadership meetings, QBRs, etc.
- Operations & Processes. Identify process gaps and optimization opportunities within the Advertising organization. Work with key leaders across the organization to document and implement process improvements