- Work with CAO to set annual goals, objectives, operating plan, and budget for major and planned giving areas.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major and planned giving prospects.
- Prepare Academy president and other volunteers for success in development-focused relationships.
- Serve as a trusted resource to donors regarding multiple planned giving vehicles.
- Working with back-end partners, manage planned giving products and estate settlement issues; act as a resource and liaison with the Academy’s COO and legal counsel where rights are in question.
- Manage highly confidential financial disclosures and ensure discretion for all prospects and donors.
- Working with Membership Engagement team, leverage Academy events for effective cultivation and stewardship of prospects and donors.
- Serve as a strategic resource for Academy colleagues, the CAO and the President. Provide technical expertise, trainings on planned giving vehicles, talking points and proposals to generate more legacy giving;
- This position will benefit from the assistance of the department’s development associate; assist with education and mentorship of that role.