6000! That is the number of associates across the globe at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
The Biology for Drug Discovery group in Cambridge, US, is seeking a hardworking scientist to boost our efforts to discover novel therapeutics and drug targets. This group is part of the Chemical Biology and Therapeutics (CBT) department, a global multidisciplinary network of biologists and chemists that collaborate across all Disease Areas at NIBR. This is your opportunity to experience a wide variety of projects and make an impact in different disease indications.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute cell and molecular biology experiments, interpret and challenge results, and generate new hypotheses
- Develop disease-relevant biochemical/biophysical/cellular assays and perform mechanistic studies to characterize small molecule and biologics
- Perform mechanistic studies to characterize drug candidates using cellular biology, genetics, and molecular biology approaches
- Utilization of in vitro reactions, cell-based assays and/or various model organisms in the pursuit and characterization of novel targets
- Assess and implement new technologies and novel assays
- Report and present results of studies and make recommendations to scientific leaders in a timely, detailed, and coherent manner.
- Work in interdisciplinary teams to share expertise and collaborate toward shared goals