8! The number of disease areas you will impact when collaborating across Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to improve and extend people's lives.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Synthesis Technologies Team to impact across multiple disease areas at NIBR. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. How can we continue to advance our science to help even more patients in need? We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous, and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions, and take smarter risks.
In Global Discovery Chemistry (GDC) at the NIBR in Cambridge, USA, we are at the core of Novartis' purpose. We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate synthesis expert with a strong background in chemistry, a curious mind-set, and the cultural agility to invent innovative medicines and advance the frontiers of drug discovery. Join us and help reimagine medicine!
Your responsibilities will include:
As a synthesis expert, contribute to innovative solutions by identifying and addressing synthetic challenges, in order to drive the success of projects across GDC. Specifically....
- Design and execute robust synthetic routes to access novel chemical scaffolds.
- Identify gaps in existing synthesis methodologies and seek to leverage Technology solutions to directly address these through internal and external partnerships.
- Apply cutting edge synthesis planning tools to identify strategic approaches, facilitating new project opportunities in Lead Optimization.
- Skillfully navigate challenges to ensure rapid advancement of Discovery Candidates under tight timelines (multi-gram scale).
- Work within a matrixed environment to define and execute material supply strategies, combining both in-house and external resources.
- Build strong networks, identifying and facilitating solutions for chemists across the globe.
- Mentor, coach, and support the growth of associates as a leading synthesis expert.
- Communicate results at project meetings and external conferences.
- Contribute to publications and patent applications.
- In addition to pipeline project responsibilities, participate in global initiatives shaping the future of drug discovery at NIBR