Demonstrates an intermediate knowledge level in assigned areas and works under limited direct supervision. Responsible for a specialzed focus on company meetings, skilled in interacting with and supporting company management, investor relations, brokers and the ID. Carries a deep understanding of the business and works closely with IG and the Corporate Access team to strategically execute meetings between IG and external company leadership and/or industry experts. Primarily supports business-critical meetings that are significant to investment research and ultimately investment decisions. Primary focus is to support IG company meetings but will also support execution of other meetings and events at CG where needed.
Primary Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
Company Research and Industry Expertise
- Applies deep understanding of companies / market and strategically uses information to prioritize meetings based on business priorities.
- Collaborates with IG and CIGS to select and create research packet content and use Capital Connect software for distribution and future reference (must be a Covered Associate).
- Customizes strategic, pre-trip planning to determine optimal target cities and companies based on company holdings, sector coverage and business objectives(s).
- Manages and maintains the CRM database, distribution lists and other investor-related databases.
- Maintains basic knowledge of industry clusters (e.g. Financial, Tech, Healthcare, etc.), disaggregation policies and managing confidential material.
- Pre-arranges non-disclosure agreements before meeting with meeting participants and works with Legal as needed.
- Builds relationships with Company Investor Relations teams and has a broad understanding of their requirements (i.e., blackout periods).
- Works closely with global METS counterparts to provide corporate access updates and opportunities.
Company Meeting Development and Strategy
- Plans, schedules and manages research trips, CG hosted conferences, industry expert events and partnered broker conferences.
- Drives the planning process, identifies purposes and goals of the program with senior business leaders, analyzes alternatives and makes recommendations to meet business objectives.
- Analyzes priorities and event design for in-person and virtual event experiences.
- Conceptualizes and executes all aspects of event production including venue management, audio / visual technology, food and beverage, meeting room configurations and needs, transportation, accommodations, staffing, honorariums and amenities.
- Translates creative ideas into deliverables by developing project plan, production schedule, and budget that meets business objective.
- Manages and executes mutli-channel projects that include audio visual, live experiential events, video production, social and digital customer journeys and the vendors that support those areas.
- Manages multiple timelines and multiple stakeholders; influences stakeholders, vendors and business partners to meet business needs.
- Proactively identifies, analyzes and resolves issues with minimal input and direction from others.
- Researches and selects appropriate venues and vendors based on program objectives.
- Develops contractual agreements, reviews, analyzes and negotiates contract changes with both internal associates and external vendors, evaluating risk, budgets and program requirements. Coorinates with Legal, Risk and Procurement as necessary.
- Manages vendor relationships through cost and incentive negotiations while ensuring service-level agreements are met.
- Applies knowledge of local country norms and cultures where applicable.
- Manages attendee communication including pre-event marketing, invitations, registration and respond to event inquiries.
- Creates post-event surveys, analyzes trends and evaluates meeting effectiveness and lessions learned; applied to future planning.
Meeting / Corporate Access Execution
- Partners with the Corporate Access Team to manage corporate outreach and scheduling.
- Serves as day-to-day point of contact from start to finish for attendees, meeting host(s) and vendors.
- Oversees onsite attendees, monitors meeting attendance, oversees live travel status and ground transportation.
- Requests proposals and negotiates quotes from vendors.
- Reviews invoices, verifies services or goods provided for payment, processes reconciliations and reimbursements.
- Manages live meeting / event polling, utilizes information to strategically inform investment decisions.
- Oversees and manages the budget for each meeting / event.
Industry Best Practice Research
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of assigned sector or country coverage to understand the best operational protocol.
- Monitors industry trends, competitive landscape, social media, and device landscape to inform and inspire the development of new event experiences and activations.
- Stays informed of venues, market rates, and meeting planning execution best practices.
- Utilizes intermediate knowledge and sound judgment, resolves matters of moderate complexity in all assigned areas.
- Participate in special projects that benefit the operations of the department.
- Develops and maintains effective professional relationships with key external and internal customers, business units, vendors and colleagues.
- Identifies process inefficiencies / issues and recommends solutions.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel might be required (up to 30%), can include travel to other global regions.
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation, and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, Capital Group’s goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. Private ownership allows us to keep our eyes on the long term while more than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day.