The Team: S&P Global Ratings is seeking an experienced analyst to join its Structured Finance Ratings practice which provides credit ratings and opinions for securitizations backed by a wide variety of ABS assets. In this role, the Associate is responsible for credit ratings of structured products that are backed by pools of consumer and commercial assets. Associates play an important analytical and client-facing role.
The Impact: An Associate is responsible for rating a portfolio of credits and managing the end-to-end ratings process from the initial engagement through the publication of reports. The Associate will review documents, consider the legal dimensions of transaction structures, develop an understanding of and apply relevant rating criteria, assess the credit profile of collateral pools, work with financial and cash flow models to stress test the structures and enhancement levels under various economic scenarios. The Associate will also be the primary analytical contact for bankers, issuers and investors and will resolve any analytical inquiries that may arise during the rating process.
What's in it for you: Structured Finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have a knack for problem solving. Associates who excel in this role will have opportunities to work across more complex asset classes, assume greater account and project lead responsibilities, and advance into more senior analytical roles.
* Analyze credit quality of collateral pools. Review performance data, credit models, underwriting criteria, and macroeconomic and sector factors.
* Perform cash flow analysis and synthesize results in a timely manner for rating committees. * Conduct detailed reviews of legal and operating documents to ensure compliance with criteria and identify issues with the transaction structure. Provide feedback to external parties. * Prepare written and oral presentations to rating committees. Make recommendations to committees and actively participate in committee deliberations. * Draft thorough yet concise press releases and presale reports. Collaborate with internal parties (editorial, data, etc.) to manage the publication of ratings and reports to external audiences. * Actively manage relationships with issuers, intermediaries and investors. Effectively communicate S&P's methodologies and procedures. Participate in client meetings. * Demonstrate strong knowledge of ratings criteria and cash flow analysis of ABS by helping to resolve clients' analytical needs. * Work on special projects as directed by the analytical team manager.
What We're Looking For:
* 2 or more years of relevant work experience * Strong proficiency with Excel, financial models, and financial data.
* Strong understanding of financial markets and their relationship to S&P products. * Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential. * Ability to analyze and solve non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner. * Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure. * Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed
* MBA or CFA
* Prior credit analysis experience, including banking.
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
About Company Statement: S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.