8 Disease Areas. 6 Discovery Platforms. 5600 Scientists. At Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), this is the innovation engine that you can tap into. Come join us to leverage the latest in science and technology to deliver the next ground-breaking therapies for patients.
NIBR is seeking a curious and motivated synthetic chemist to drive the ground breaking discovery platform with a highly cross-disciplinary team as a member of Global Discovery Chemistry in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We seek hands-on small-molecule drug hunters who wish to tackle the toughest drug targets through a platform that adopts next-generation library and screening technologies to exploit the full potential of emerging therapeutic modalities.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- With your colleagues across NIBR, you'll identify the key focus areas for the project, and will design, generate, test, and validate new chemical matters that demonstrates the desired activity in cellular and in vivo context.
- You'll be at the forefront of implementing a NIBR grown, next-generation discovery technology, to leverage the latest therapeutic modalities selected from across NIBR disease areas.
- Through strong interactions with specialists in all areas of technology development and implementation (engineering, biology, data science, CADD, etc.) you will identify limitations with our current technology, and then propose and implement creative solutions.
- You will act as a source of expertise in the synthetic chemistry and library sciences in the team, and as the liaison for pipeline projects and initiatives from across NIBR disease areas and platforms.
- By initiating and building collaborations with other scientists, both within and outside of your area of expertise, you will broadly influence the course of science at Novartis.
- Strong support and encouragement for personal development will be provided