Job Title: L Senior Manager 1, Talent Business Advisor - Delivery USDC/PDM - GPS & Commercial
Channel/Function: Business Advisor
Primary Client: Workplace Services
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.
Responsible for partnering with business leaders to execute and drive the delivery of the Talent strategy. Provides strategic and consultative Talent services to business leaders while managing the overall delivery of Talent services from Talent Business and Deployment Advisors. Acts as advisor to senior leaders on organizational effectiveness and achieving results through people. Helps to develop and retain critical talent and will build a reputation as a trusted advisor to leaders.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
1. Consults with business leaders on how Talent can help drive business performance (e.g., consider opportunities to create greater efficiencies through process redesign). Advises clients on talent-related impact of strategic business/organizational changes and drive associated change management efforts.
2. Reviews, recommends, and adopts Talent strategic priorities and programs to support business needs and requirements (e.g., consider external marketplace and competitive best practices for potential enhancement opportunities to existing programs). Works with Talent and client-service leadership to implement new policies, programs and procedures.
3. Partners with Centers of Excellences and shared services to continually assess capabilities and design strategies to grow our talent, with particular focus on cross functional strategies, analyze trends (acquisition, turnover, employee relations, diversity and demographics), provide recommendations and create proactive solutions.
4. Acts as a senior advisor in relation to Talent services delivered by business advisors, including: deployment, new hire onboarding, career coaching and development, performance management, job and employee data changes, separation, compensation, mobility, employee relations, employee retention and engagement and career planning.
5. Manages, mentors and develops direct reports, team and quality of work (e.g., provide one-on-one coaching and counseling and identify career / professional development opportunities for team members). Reviews and provides feedback on completed work and provide approvals where necessary.
6. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree, Masters preferred; 10+ years of related experience, preferably as an HR/Talent leader, with experience managing Talent teams; Minimum of 5 years as a manager; Prior experience working with an executive team as a trusted business advisor
Demonstrated skill to influence, articulate, and implement the business and Talent strategy; thought leadership (includes innovation/creativity, leveraging best practices and outside eminence); Operational excellence (includes ROI, budgeting/operations, metrics, etc.); Project management (includes crisis and change management activities); Consulting skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis / synthesis of information, negotiation, etc.); Proficient Microsoft Office skills
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
Professional certification (PHR or SPHR) preferred
Internal Number: 15334701
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose... defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.