The purpose of the Project Manager's job is to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor larger scale scope and budget projects with a high degree of complexity and risk. The Senior Project Manager will partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects can span multiple business units or functional areas. The Senior Project Manager is expected to work under minimal supervision.
1. Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
2. Provide a holistic view of the overall project to the organization and all stakeholders
3. Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
4. Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
5. Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to the expected project outcomes
6. Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes, and informed about what is occurring throughout project
7. Proactively communicate the project's progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
8. Facilitate alignment and approach for all related Fiserv business areas to meet One Fiserv Objectives.
9. Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the culture of organizations.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent work experience
* 5-7 years of previous project management and/or relevant consulting experience
* Knowledge of- and demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as project lifecycles
* Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
* Experience in driving large scale change efforts
* Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams
* Possesses the following key skills/behaviors:
* Stakeholder Partnership:
o Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with key stakeholders/customers across Fiserv to maximize program effectiveness and influence
o Poised and composed interaction with all levels of the organization (within Division), including senior-level audience
o Ability to practically apply project management concepts to facilitate the achievement of business objectives ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery
o Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals
* Team Leadership:
o Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate project team, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace
o Ability to lead and influence with minimal direction from sponsor or manager
* Accountability & Commitment:
o Ability to achieve project outcomes and stakeholder satisfaction
o Ability to identify project obstacles and proactively mitigate risks. Escalates and resolves complex issues effectively
Internal Number: R-10247218
Fiserv is a global leader in financial services technology solutions. We're helping more than 12,000 clients worldwide create and deliver experiences for a digital world that's always on. Solutions that enable today's consumer to move and manage money with ease, speed and convenience. At the point of thought.