TheRole: Senior Analyst, Strategy and Corporate Development
Grade ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: The MI Strategy & Corporate Development team is responsible for guiding the overall strategy of the Market Intelligence division of S&P Global. In addition to setting long-term strategic ambitions for the division, the team leads all acquisitions and divestitures, corporate development/strategic partnerships, long-term financial planning, and competitive intelligence.
The Impact: This small, nimble team is responsible for evaluating all significant new investments for Market Intelligence and defining the requirements for delivering future growth.
Responsibilities: * Develop our organic/inorganic growth and strategic initiatives
* Build an in-depth understanding of client needs, competitive positioning, current market trends, new developments, and technologies
*Executing our strategic plan through inorganic activities including M&A, divestitures, minority investments, and partnerships
* Generating financial analysis related to M&A, strategic initiatives, new ventures, and competitor analysis
* Preparing high-impact materials for board and senior management meetings
* Provide timely, high-value research and market analysis to improve the effectiveness of existing and products and services
* Organizing and conducting secondary market research and analyses
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications: * 2-3 years of work experience in the financial information/services industry. Background in M&A advisory / corporate development, financial analysis, strategic strategies a plus
* Effective written & verbal interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail
* Excellent business and financial analysis skills, including the ability to analyze data trends, draw conclusions and develop action plans
* High degree of initiative and ability to handle simultaneous projects
* Sense of urgency and have an ability to deliver results with short lead-times
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important--some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.