Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Skyward is hiring a Partnership Manager to join our strategy team. You’ll be working in an exciting startup environment within the foundation of a large company (Verizon). You will have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work, with the support and camaraderie you need to enjoy your job. In this role you will be contributing to the future of connected aviation. You will be responsible for implementing our partner ecosystem strategy by managing partner relationships, collaborating with our product teams on partner integrations, and delivering complex packages for our sales team to sell. This will mean driving technical, business development, and go-to-market activities with internal and external partners. You will be a catalyst for change and therefore must be comfortable with ambiguity, leading across multiple teams and working with all levels of the organization to get results. You are a self-starter, a creative and innovative thinker with strong attention to detail, and have an ability to see the big picture and influence others. Talking to people comes very naturally to you and you have an ability to communicate and present complex information in a way that people understand – whether verbal or written.
○ Develop partnership plans, including value proposition and integration options, for integrated products to be brought to market.
○ Propose business terms for partners based on market dynamics, bargaining position, and our strategy.
○ Coordinate the various business and technical aspects of bringing a new partner into the Skyward ecosystem
○ Effectively communicate product requirements and needs to stakeholders in everyday verbal and written communication.
○ Convey the value of what Skyward & Verizon offer today and are creating and planning for the future -- to external stakeholders, Verizon and Skyward colleagues, and the market at large.
○ Write a variety of project briefs, business contract terms, and presentations to your peers, leadership, and partners.
○ Maintain a trusted relationship with stakeholders, which include but are not limited to: Verizon Sourcing & Legal, Skyward Sales, Product, Marketing, and executive management.
○ Deliver on commitments to partners and colleagues, and the accountability to require others to deliver on their commitments to you.
○ Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with and motivate team members, peers and leadership. You should be a peer leader who maintains a team orientation, with the desire to collaborate to reach excellent results.
○ Manage and coordinate partner and vendor relationships necessary for building our ecosystem. Must be able to balance the needs of partners and prioritize among diverse sets of stakeholders.
○ Make clear decisions that promote well-defined, timely Verizon/Skyward capabilities and communicate our positions to concerned stakeholders.
○ Communicate across teams about the status of relevant work and provide key points for new feature development and product launch communications.
○ Work closely with Legal and Sales teams to maximize Verizon’s market share.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Five or more years of relevant work experience in the telecommunications or aviation industries.
Experience developing partnership programs in a new market.
Experience with regulated products, such as avionics systems, drones, or a similar industry.
Collaboration skills and the ability to work with and motivate team members, peers and leadership. You should be a peer leader who maintains a team orientation, with the desire to collaborate to reach excellent results.
Good communication ability - written and oral - as well as presentation skills. The aptitude to effectively relay complex information to others.
Very strong task management capabilities and a proven ability to proactively communicate project status to key stakeholders.
Ability to have a strong sense of urgency and bias toward action with the ability to think on your feet.
Problem-solving and analytical skills.
Even better if you have:
An MBA or a JD, or both.
Project Management background, including management of cross-functional projects.
Strong engineering or research background and willingness to learn the deep technical aspects of a technology you aren’t familiar with.
Ability to set big goals and the teamwork and drive to achieve those goals.
Knowledge of and enthusiasm about the drone industry, including manned or unmanned pilot experience.
A great sense of humor and drive to have fun!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).