We're dedicated to fulfilling the promise of human potential, in all places, in all aspects and stages of life. We believe that health is the key to that promise. Because at our healthiest, we're capable of achieving anything. And that's why our pursuit of helping people achieve their best health at every life stage will never end. This is how we put that belief into practice each and every day.
We are here for the people we serve in their pursuit of healthy lives. This has been the way of Abbott for more than a century—passionately and thoughtfully translating science into lasting contributions to health.
Our products encircle life, from newborns to aging adults, from nutrition and diagnostics through medical care and pharmaceutical therapy.
- We advance leading-edge science and technologies that hold the potential for significant improvements to health and to the practice of healthcare.
- We value our diversity—that of our products, technologies, markets and people—and believe that diverse perspectives combined with shared goals inspire new ideas and better ways of addressing changing health needs.
- We focus on exceptional performance—a hallmark of Abbott people worldwide—demanding of ourselves and each other because our work impacts people's lives.
- We strive to earn the trust of those we serve by committing to the highest standards of quality, excellence in personal relationships, and behavior characterized by honesty, fairness and integrity.
- We sustain success—for our business and the people we serve—by staying true to key tenets upon which our company was founded over a century ago: innovative care and a desire to make a meaningful difference in all that we do.
Together, we're changing the face of healthcare.
When you bring a variety of perspectives to the table, it creates a culture of innovation—essential to facing the world's healthcare challenges.
We strive to be among the best places to work and have been widely regarded as an employer of choice, with numerous local and global awards recognizing our commitment to fostering an extraordinary workplace.
• Top 50 Companies for Diversity – DiversityInc: Recognized consecutively since 2004; Top 10 most recently in 2017
• Top 20 Biopharma Employers – Science: Honored 12 times most recently in 2016
• 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers – Working Mother: Recognized on list consecutively since 2001; Named to Working Mother Hall of Fame
• Top Companies for Executive Women – National Association for Female Executives: Included in ranking since 2009; Top 10 most recently in 2017
• Leading Disability Employer Seal – National Organization on Disability: Received the 2017 Leading Disability Employer Seal for demonstrating exemplary employment practices for people with disabilities
• The 50 Best Internships – Vault: Ranked #1 best healthcare internship based on 2017 data; also ranked #3 for technology and engineering, #13 for compensation & benefits, and #24 overall
Abbott is recognized as a world leader, advancing practices in medicine, science and technology.
• World's Most Admired Companies – Fortune: Named on list consecutively since 1984; Ranked No. 1 in medical products and equipment since 2014
• The Global 2000 – Forbes: Ranked No. 242, based on 2016 revenues
• World's Best CEOs – Barron's: Chairman and CEO Miles D. White honored since 2009
We've established a global reputation for our comprehensive approach to corporate citizenship.
• Dow Jones Sustainability Index: Named Global Healthcare Industry Group Leader for strong economic, environmental and social performance since 2013
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens – Corporate Responsibility Magazine: Included on list since 2009
• Porter Prize for Creating Shared Value: Recognized for building healthier communities and advancing the competitiveness of our business, 2016
Change the life of someone in your hometown or across the country. Save the life of someone in a country halfway around the world. Improve the lives of millions of people worldwide, allowing them to be healthier than they ever thought they could be and to do things they never dreamed they would.
That's what we've been doing for 125 years. Help us make this year the best yet.
Work that Matters
What is meaningful work? It's knowing that people the world over rely on us to ensure their bodies are strong and that they are healthy enough to reach their full potential at every life stage. That kind of work is aimed at creating an everlasting, positive impact on the health of the world.
Culture of Innovation
Good is never good enough. We strive for great and are driven to create ever-improved ways to help people live healthier lives. How do we foster this spirit of innovation? By tapping diverse perspectives, people, expertise and ideas to shape new methods of care. The end result is continuous development of one-of-a-kind, life-changing products and solutions, and a company that stays on the leading edge of science.
Growth and Advancement
We are in the business of advancement, both in health solutions and in the lives and careers of our employees. Our work across the world and in many areas of healthcare provides a rich environment for our employees to explore career paths, interests and opportunities. We encourage and promote this growth through training, mentoring, tuition reimbursement, development programs and more. We strive to provide careers full of challenging and rewarding work, as well as personal and professional growth.
Livelihood and Well-Being
We attract the best and brightest employees; our benefits packages, compensation plans and work options are designed to help employees find success at work and at home. Our efforts to recruit the best have earned us recognition as a top employer for women, entry-level employees and minorities.
"The business case for a diverse workplace is clear: companies with more diversity among their people think more creatively and adapt more quickly to changing markets. We're a global company; we need a wide diversity of ideas and perspectives to understand the people we serve and be relevant to their lives." -Miles D. White, Chairman & CEO, Abbott
Diverse teams are the core of our business success. We're committed to recruiting people with diverse experiences and perspectives to help us solve some of the world's most pressing healthcare challenges. We partner with professional and academic organizations to strengthen our pipeline of diverse talent.
Our employee networks promote inclusion and career growth.
- Advancing Professionals Network
- Asian Leadership & Cultural Network
- Black Business Network
- LA VOICE Network
- Flest Network
- PRIDE Network
- Women Leaders of Abbott Network
- Veterans Network
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Abbott to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with this policy, Abbott will continue to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels based solely upon job-related qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetics or citizenship status.
For more than 125 years, we've been committed to helping people reach their potential through better health. With a diverse portfolio of nutrition solutions, diagnostics, medical devices and pharmaceuticals, we offer you the tools to help give children what they need to grow and adults what they need to thrive so we can all be our best across all aspects and stages of life.
- Cardiovascular: Keeping your heart healthy with breakthrough medical technologies
- Diabetes Care: Helping people with diabetes enjoy healthier, active lives
- Diagnostics: Bringing accurate, timely information to better manage your health
- Neuromodulation: Our innovative solutions to movement disorders and chronic pain treatment
- Nutrition: Nourshing your body at every stage of life
- Pharmaceuticals: Helping people get and stay healthy with quality medicines you can trust